“The struggle for existence is the struggle for available energy.”
- Ludwig Boltzmann
- Pacifichem 2015 and our “Artificial photosynthesis” symposium is another huge success.
- BK gives two research lectures on next-generation photovoltaics in Chile (Santiago and Valdivia).
- Congrats to Ben Fisher for winning the Bob Guerriere BSc Thesis award
- The Koivisto group welcomes Sahana Sritharan and Ben Fischer as MSc Students. The group also welcomes Jeanette Adjei, Malek El-Aooiti & Hardeep Devgan as research associates
- Ryerson University and the Koivisto group host ICE 2015.
- Dr. Joe Gilroy (Western) and I would like to thank all of our sponsors, speakers and student winners from our symposium
- Congrats to Yousaf on his BODIPY-Phenylacetylene paper
- Science Rendezvous 2015: Perfect weather and fantastic volunteers help showcase great science at Ryerson
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Paloma Prieto (ICE exchange student; UBC), Mohammed Choudhry, and Muntaser Farooque (NSERC Engage, Ryerson) as summer research associates.
- Congrats to Sara Abuadas, Hardeep Devgan and Ben Fischer for successfully defending their theses. Sara is now moving on to bigger and better things at the University of Waterloo with the Schepper group.
Hardeep and Ben Graduate in May of 2015... And we use it as a good excuse to take a group photo!
Out to Lunch: in June of 2014 during the CSC in Vancouver.
- VIDEO: Prof. Bryan Koivisto explains why glass windows are the future of clean energy - Shameless self promotion at its best! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmQHmV1XcA
- Science Rendezvous 2014: Perfect weather and fantastic volunteers help showcase great science at Ryerson
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Chris Barran (ICE exchange student; Queens), Alison Lee (NSERC Engage; Waterloo), Kiron Gonidis (NSERC USRA, Ryerson), and Andrew Harris (NSERC Engage, Ryerson).
- Bootcamp 2014 begins. The Koivisto group welcomes Jelena Madzarevic and Muntaser Farooque as summer co-op students
- Congrats to Burhan Hussein and Christopher Lombardi for sucessfully defending their theses. Christopher Lombardi is now moving on to bigger and better things at York University with the Organ group.
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Ben Fischer to the team as the 2013/2014 experiential learning work study student
- BK celebrates getting a year older with the group, and they even bought me a cake.
- Welcome Burhan Hussein and Christopher Lombardi as 4th year thesis students to the group
- Congratulations Catherine, Devin and Omar... The Koivisto Groups second paper!
- Ellie presents her USRA work at the Inorganic Chemistry Exchange (ICE) in Calgary, AB... and does a little site-seeing.
- Congratulations Catherine, Devin and Omar... The Koivisto Groups first paper!
- Congratulations Ellie Arnold (UPEI) for winning a NSERC USRA Award. Well done! Ellie will be joining us on May 6th, 2013.
- Congratulations Omar for winning a poster prize (3rd place) at the Southern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference! Well done!
- Congratulations Devin for winning a Connect Canada Internship Award worth $5000! Well done!
- Congratulations Devin for winning a CUE Research Award worth $5000! Well done!
- Congratulations Omar for being awarded a Fall/Winter 2012-2013 Work Study Research Assistantship. Well done!
- Welcome Devin, Yousaf and Maryam - New graduate students join the Koivisto group
- Welcome Nicholas and Trinh - 4th year thesis students join the group
- Bon voyage Catherine! A huge thank you for all your hard work, and all the best in the Bender Group at UoT.