Ryerson University will be offering a limited number of in-person classes and services for fall 2021. To view information about important school-wide services, please visit the Ryerson COVID-19 page. If you are a current student and would like to reach us at the ServiceHub, please visit our ServiceHub Contact page.
NSLSC Funding Tracker
The National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) is the “lender” of student loans in Canada. They are responsible for the release (disbursement) and collection of student loans, and also support your questions about student loan repayment or repayment assistance options. Detailed information related to your overall student loans can be found on your NSLSC Portal, external link, opens in new window.
It is important that you proactively monitor your NSLSC account, external link, opens in new window for any changes to your profile information and enrolment (such as study period start and end dates, program information, etc). We recommend checking your NSLSC portal on a weekly basis so you don’t miss out on important updates.
Log in to your NSLSC account via the NSLSC online portal by clicking 'login'.
Scroll down on the same web page. You will see that you have a choice between two login options to access your NSLSC account. Both options are listed under the 'Access my NSLSC account' heading.
Choosing a Login Option
Option 1 is to sign-in through a sign-in partner, which allows you to use the same sign-in information you use for another online service (e.g online banking). Some of the approved sign-in partners are indicated on the right side of the Option 1 section. You can also click on the "View the full list of sign-in partners" link to view the full list of sign-in partners.
Note: We recommend you use your banking institution as the sign-in partner, as it may be easier to remember your login information and eliminates the need to create another account. After signing in with your sign-in partner of choice, if you have not linked your NSLSC account to this sign-in partner, you will be prompted to create a profile by agreeing to the NSLSC terms and inputting your Social Insurance Number and Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement Number (MSFAA).
Option 2 is to sign-in using your previously created GCkey account information. A GCKey is a unique electronic credential issued by the Government of Canada for use with online Government services.
Note: If you do not have a GCKey account, you can register for an NSLSC online account, external link, opens in new window (if this is your preferred sign-in method) or choose to sign-in through one of the approved sign-in partners.
Once logged in using your preferred method, you will automatically be taken to your NSLSC “Dashboard” page. The NSLSC Dashboard has different sections that you might be looking for right away with direct links to New Notifications (e.g. your Funding Confirmed), your Loan Summary (which provides an update on the status of your loan(s)) and the Repayment Assistance Plan.
If you have an active student loan, the Dashboard page will automatically have a “Funding Tracker” at the top of the page as shown below. This will show the status of your funding from the time the MSFAA is completed, to the disbursement from NSLSC to your RAMSS account and/or bank account.
Note: Every student’s Dashboard may look a little different. If you are a student awaiting a new disbursement (i.e. new funds), the Dashboard will automatically have a “Funding Tracker” at the top of the page.
You will notice that the funding tracker is very detailed, highlighting the amount of funding you will receive in:
- Federal grants
- Provincial grants
- Federal loans
- Provincial loans
It also highlights the amount of funding being sent to your authorized bank account, and the amount being sent to your school.
Note: The Funding Tracker will only appear if you are a student who is receiving a full-time loan.
Under “Notifications” on the “My Dashboard” page, click “Funding Confirmed” to view confirmed funding and amount paid out to-date.
Note: Once you click on this link, you will be taken to your inbox and the notification will disappear from the Dashboard. You can view the message later on in your inbox if required.
The message in your inbox will indicate your funding has been confirmed and include details on the Amount Paid Out and the Date Your School Year Ends.
1. To view your disbursement history you can either click “View Your Disbursement History” on the “Funding Confirmed” page shown above, or access it through the “My Account” drop down menu.
2. To access through the “My Account” drop down menu go to My Account > My Disbursements.
3. You will be redirected to a page where you can view your disbursement history. Of course, your disbursement history will look different from other students'! The following example of the Disbursement History page is used for referencing purposes. It includes an example of the Loan Type/Total Loans Disbursed chart as well as the disbursement dates and details you may find on your account.
- Once funding is released, funds are typically received within five to ten business days from date of disbursement.
- Note that funding is usually disbursed in installments as it comes from different levels of government. As such, it may take the full ten business days for you to receive the full amount of your funding.
- You should only contact the NSLSC if ten business days has passed, and you have not received your funding.
- You can confirm if your OSAP funding has been applied to your RAMSS account by using the Account Inquiry tab.
- If you are due to receive OSAP funding to your authorized bank account, you must log onto your online banking account to confirm if your OSAP funding has been applied.