RU Tutor Match
RU Tutor Match is a tool designed to help qualified students find paid work as tutors and to help students who would like additional, individualized, and course specific support find and hire tutors.
Become a Tutor
To be listed as a tutor for hire on RU Tutor Match and become a paid tutor, you must meet the following criteria:
- have a B+ or better in the courses you want to tutor
- have a CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or above
- be a current undergraduate Ryerson student
- complete mandatory tutor training with Student Learning Support staff
Visit RU Tutor Match, opens in new window to create a profile, confirm your eligibility, and sign up for the mandatory Tutor Training Workshop. To prepare you for independent work as a paid tutor, the tutor training workshop will cover the following topics:
- Planning tutoring sessions.
- Ethical behavior in tutoring (including academic honesty).
- Effective communication and how to give constructive feedback.
- Food will be provided at the workshop, but there will be no remuneration.
Use RU Tutor Match to find the tutor that is right for you. The system will check for tutors that can help you with your current or near-future coursework. It is up to you to contact these potential tutors and establish a follow-up plan: where, when, and how to meet, how much you will pay them and when, and any other relevant details.