BMO Internship 2021
Through a generous donation by BMO, TMP Internship Program is intended to provide great working experiences for Tri-Mentoring Program students in marginalized and equity-deserving groups, who may not have access to a network or opportunities.
Our goal is to match them with organizations that have the resources to provide internships with relevant and rich learning and career-development opportunities. In addition, we aims to;
- Find internships for promising Tri-Mentoring Program students in equity deserving groups.
- Provide a development opportunity for all students who apply for the internships, no matter their final outcome.
- Connect Tri-Mentoring Program students in equity deserving groups to potential future employers through the Ryerson Career Centre.
There is $20,000 available for up to two student internships. The value of the $10,000 per student is equivalent to 16 weeks of full time work (35 hours/week) at a minimum of $14.25 an hour.
Funding for one of these internships will be provided to a Black Identified Employer to hire a Ryerson Black Identified student.
- The applications for the TMP Internship Program will open February 10, 2021 and close March 8, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
Employers that are eligible are welcomed to apply for one of the two funded positions.
- The internship descriptions and applications for the TMP Program Summer Internship Program will open March 18, 2021 and close April 4th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
- Students that are eligible are welcomed to apply for one or two of the internships available. Please review the job postings before applying.
- Provide a meaningful internship opportunity for Ryerson undergraduate students for 16 weeks of full-time work (35 hours/week) at a minimum of $14.25 an hour from May 17, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
- Have WSIB & 3rd Party Liability Insurance, and the selected student intern must be covered under these terms.
- Be able to house the student intern under the company’s payroll and the Ryerson Career & Co-op Centre will issue reimbursement of wages upon completion of the Internship. Payroll costs will be considered in the reimbursement amount.
- The internship must be a remote virtual position.
- Be located in the Ontario.
- Ryerson Departments are not eligible to apply.
- Non-previous recipients of the TMP Internship Program.
- Have been involved in the Tri-Mentoring Program as a peer mentor for at least one year and/or an active participant in the Race Forward program. It includes students who have mentored prior to and/or during 2020-2021.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student (domestic or international) at Ryerson; however, full-time graduating undergraduate students will be given priority.
- Must be able to work between May 17, 2021 - September 30, 2021 on a full-time basis with the organization over 16 weeks during regular work/company hours.
- Self identifies as a member of an equity-deserving group.
- Submit a professional cover letter and resume. Applicants are encouraged to attend workshops with the Ryerson Career & Co-op Centre and/or Business Career Hub.
- TMP will review the applications and select the two successful summer internships to be funded.
- TMP will consider the following criteria in their selection process:
- Explanation as to how would their organization benefit from this funding.
- Explanation as to how their workplace provides a brave and inclusive space for students to explore, acknowledge, and express their identities while developing competencies.
- The internship description supports and clearly explains how it aligns with the PDF fileRyerson University Academic Plan priorities including Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; Wellbeing; and Access.
- The internship job description outlines how it supports Kolb’s experiential learning cycle over 50%. The internship should provide concrete experience, reflective observation, abstract conceptualization, and active experimentation.
- The internship job description provides a thorough overview of job responsibilities, core and role-specific competency development opportunities.
- TMP will assess the following criteria in their selection process;
- Explanation as to how their identity would influence their internship experience and the way they navigate learning.
- Quality of cover letter and resume. Please feel free to review the following recordings:
- Students are encouraged to access the services provided by the Ryerson Career & Co-op Centre. Book an appointment. Also some drop-in sessions will be available soon.
- TMP will inform students that have been referred to the employer for an interview.
- The employer will schedule and run interviews with students, and select their intern for summer 2021.
Please clear your cache and cookies on your browser when accessing these applications, and ensure you are ONLY logged on to your Ryerson account
This intern will have the opportunity to research social justice issues that are specific to the Black communities in the City of Toronto and the GTA.
Check out the full google docWriter Internship Job Description, external link before applying.
Enhanced Medical Nutrition (EMN)
The intern will assist with coordinating EMN’s supply chain, inventory management as well as supporting additional functions as required.
Check out the full google docOperation Intern Job Description, external link before applying.
|Employer applications open||February 10th - March 8th|
|Employer notified on application status||March 12th|
|Student applications open||March 18th - April 4th|
|Employer starts interview process with students||April 12th - April 23rd|
|Employer notifies successful student||April 30th|
|Ryerson Career & Co-Op Centre prepares internship contracts||May 3rd - May 7th|
|Employer and student submit signed contracts to Tri-Mentoring Program||May 10th - May 14th|
|Summer internship commences||May 17th - September 30th|
Maricruz Rodriguez, Mentoring Facilitator
416 979 5000 ext 4205