How do I apply for a student loan? Where do I get information about scholarships, awards and bursaries?
The Student Financial Assistance Office is committed to helping you meet your financial needs during your time here at Ryerson. Contact them about:
- applying for Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and other government funding
- what to do if you add or drop courses, change or withdraw from your program of study, stop attending classes or if your financial circumstances change when you are in school.
- Career Boost eligibility
- information for out-of-province and U.S. students
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), external link provides financial aid to students enrolled in post-secondary studies. OSAP may provide financial aid to help pay for costs relating to your education such as tuition, books, compulsory fees, transportation and associated living costs for students who qualify.
There are many scholarships, awards and bursaries available to both new and returning Ryerson students. Some are automatically awarded and others require applications. The categories below outline what is available:
- Entrance Scholarships: Entrance scholarships are open to students entering their first year of undergraduate study.
- Program Specific Awards: Each program has its own awards. Beyond the awards, scholarships and bursaries listed on the website, your academic program department may provide other funding opportunities.
- Faculty Wide Awards: Faculty wide awards are open to all current Ryerson undergraduate students within each faculty.
- University Wide Awards: University wide awards are open to all current Ryerson undergraduate students enrolled in any program of study.
- Special Categories: Awards by Special Categories are open to all current Ryerson undergraduate students who are student athletes, aboriginal students, first-generation students or students with disabilities.
- External Awards: Many external groups, organizations, companies and foundations offer awards to students attending postsecondary institutions.