Your Student Record
How do I order my transcript? How do I change my personal information? How do I get proof that I have graduated? How do I ask for a special letter?
To change to your legal name, date of birth, gender, you must submit a PDF filePersonal Data Change Form, in person, with a photo ID (e.g. OneCard) plus at least one of the following documents (as indicated beside each reason) to support your identity and name. Original or certified true copies of documents must be provided:
- Correction or an addition to your name and/or date of birth (Birth Certificate, Passport).
- Name change by marriage (Marriage Certificate)
- Return to maiden name (Birth Certificate)
- Official name change (Change of Name Certificate)
Note: Name change requests for Alumni will only be processed for official name changes
- Transitioning/gender identity and expression – without official name change (Student Records Statutory Declaration for Change of Name is required). For more information, please visit Transitioning at Ryerson.
Bring the complete package (form, government issued photo identification and documentation) in person to the ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium. We will photocopy your original documentation and return the originals to you. There is no fee.
To change to your address, phone number, email address, login to RAMSS and go to your Student Center. You can change this information at your Personal Information section.
To change your Graduation Document name, you must bring the PDF filePersonal Data Change Form and required documentation to the ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium, by the deadline date for your Convocation that is published in the current calendar. Your name, as it appears on your student record, is the name that will appear on your graduation award document. (see note about Initials, above)
On request, Ryerson can provide you with official personalized letters confirming enrolment status, transcript details, and the like. You can request and pay for most of the following letters in RAMSS using the "Request a letter" link.
There are several different types of letters; fees and processing time will vary:
- Proof of Enrolment Letter – Verifies that you are, or were, enrolled in a program.
- Proof of Enrolment Letter for Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Eligibility to Graduate Letter – Verifies that you have met all of your graduation requirements for your program although you have not yet officially graduated. You should only request this letter if you are in your final year or term of study, and you have applied/ will be applying to graduate.
- Jury Duty Letter – Verifies that you are a student, for exemption from jury duty. Please provide your Notification of Jury Duty.
- QECO Letter (Qualification Evaluation Council of Ontario)
- Transfer Credit Equivalency Letter – Identifies course(s) from other institutions that were used to grant credit towards a Ryerson program or certificate.
- Confirmation of Graduation Status Letter – Verifies that you have officially graduated including years of attendance, year of graduation, degree/diploma/ certificate and program. (See also Degree Verification Service, above)
- Certified Photocopy of Award Document – Bring your original graduation document and a photocopy to ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium. Service available in person only.
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form – Verifies your enrolment and other information as outlined on the form. Most often requires the signature or stamp of the Registrar.
All standardized communication (email messages and/or letters) you have received from the Curriculum Advising Unit or Transfer Credit Unit, can be found on your Student Centre via RAMSS. When you are in your Student Centre, scroll down to view the last bar/box on the right hand side of your Student Centre home page. It has the title "Communications". Choose the sub-title View My Communications. The communications that are available for you to view and print are listed here. Choose VIEW to see the communication that was sent to you. You can print a copy from here.