Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provides special work permits that international students may be eligible to apply for during and after their studies in Canada. Each work permit is unique and will have specific application requirements. It is very important to make an appointment with an International Student Advisor by calling 416-979-5000 ext. 6655 to determine if you require a work permit and/or need to get assistance with your application and answers to any questions that you may have.
The types of work opportunities for international students include:
- Working Off-Campus (Non-Program Related) & Apply for Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Co-Op or Internship Work Permit (Program Related)
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Open Work Permit for Spouses of Full-time International Students (speak to an Advisor in ISS)
- New "Bridging" Work Permit for Permanent Residence Applicants
- Fees for Open Work Permit (Post Graduation Work Permit & Spousal Work Permit)
- The fee is $255 CDN. ($155 + $100).