Funding and Prizes
Social Venture Prize – Startup funding for Social Entrepreneurship
The Faculty of Arts created the Social Venture Prize, to support Faculty of Arts students working on community-based projects and students who are incubating social innovation projects in the Zone Learning Network. The purpose of the funding is to advance an initiative and support the start-up costs, it is not intended to be used as salary. The prize is funded by individual donors, the Brookfield Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Ryerson University.
- Startup Funds: 2 prizes of $1500 to be given for initiatives that are in the early stage, to advance their businesses to the next stage.
- Development Funds: 1 prize of $3000 to be given for initiatives that are in the ‘development’ stage, to advance their business plan to advance the enterprise to market.
Applicants must have a clear academic standing and be a full-time Ryerson undergraduate, graduate or continuing education student.
Applicants must be a full-time Faculty of Arts student, OR a full-time student registered in another faculty AND a registered member in one of Ryerson's 10 zones.
If it is a team application, at least one member of the team must be a Ryerson student and meet the eligibility conditions above.
Applicants who have received the award previously are not eligible to apply in the same calendar year.
Nonprofit/charitable organizations that do not yet have a charitable designation can partner with a charitable organization to receive funds
- Personal capacity, team profile: 25%
- Business plan and budget (degree of innovation, potential impact, financial sustainability, and timeline with deliverables for 4 months after receipt of funds): 75%
Applications to Include:
- Completed application form
Applications are closed for 2018
- Check back in spring of 2019 for new launch dates
- Prize winners will be required to submited receipts and a report 6 months after receiving the prize money
If you have any questions regarding the prize and/or application process, please contact Sarah Brigel, firstname.lastname@example.org