HTM Entrance Awards
In recognition of Ryerson University’s goal to attract the very best possible students to the Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, the following organizations have created competitive entrance awards which are open to all new students entering Ryerson University and our HTM program for the first time. We encourage you to apply!
Application process is done through AwardSpring, you must set up a profile and then submit your essay for each of the HTM entrance awards as listed below. You can use the same essay for all awards but you can only win one of these awards.
Applications through AwardSpring, external link will open up on Friday, September 11, 2020 and will close on October 2nd.
|Award Name||Award Prize|
|Accor Hotels Entrance Award (not offered this year)||$3,000|
|Dennis Beatty Entrance Awards (2)||$2,000|
|Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Awards (2) *||$2,500|
|Peter Fyvie Entrance Award *||$2,200|
|Hospitality and Tourism Management Entrance Award||$2,000|
|Marriott Hotels Entrance Awards (6) tbc||$1,100|
|Ryerson Hospitality Alumni Association Entrance Award||$1,000|
|Toronto Hong Kong Lions Club Entrance Award||$1,500|
* The Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award, and the Peter Fyvie Entrance Award recipients must be Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/a Protected Persons and Ontario residents only. You must also show financial need in your profile.
All awards are subject to change without notice
All students entering Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management for the first time will be considered for these prestigious awards provided that they:
- Submit a covering letter.
- Provide a copy of the official transcript that was submitted with their Ryerson application exhibiting high academic performance
- Include their past community, industry and scholastic achievements.
- Demonstrate in writing, a clear understanding of their motivation for selecting Hospitality and Tourism Management as their field of study at the university level, in a type-written, double-spaced essay not exceeding 750 words in length which addresses the following topic: “Why I Chose Hospitality and Tourism Management for my Professional Academic Education”.
Applications can be submitted online at ryerson.awardspring.ca, external link. The deadline to submit an application for these awards is September 30, 2020.
HTM Entrance award winners will be posted in October 2020. Recipients will receive their award at the virtual HTM Awards Ceremony on Thursday, November 12, 2020 6 pm.