This program was approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and the application portal is NOW OPEN.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Yeates School of Graduate Studies (YSGS) at Ryerson, the Master of Health Administration in Community Care requires applicants to submit the following supporting documents:
1. Statement of Interest
Applicants are required to submit a brief statement (about 500 words in length) that should address the following:
- Your reasons for pursuing graduate studies in the Master of Health Administration (Community Care) Program
- How your previous studies and experiences have prepared you for this program
- Your career objectives and how this program relates to them
2. Resumé/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please submit an updated CV to highlight how your previous studies and experiences have prepared you for this particular graduate program at Ryerson University. Pay attention to formatting, to ensure the document is organized and visually appealing.
While no particular format is required for the CV, some examples of sections to include are:
- Personal details (e.g., name, address, phone numbers, e-mail)
- Employment History (please indicate the length of each position and whether it was part time or full time)
- Honours and Awards
- Memberships in Professional Associations
- Research Experience
- Volunteer Experience
- Other Related Experience (e.g., teaching assistantships)
- Publications (peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed)
- Professional Presentations (e.g., conference presentations)
3. Letters of Recommendation
Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation from referees. It is preferred that you submit:
- One Professional Recommendation
This reference should come from a work supervisor who is familiar with your professional accomplishments (e.g., relevant skills/knowledge, leadership).
- One Academic Recommendation
Ensure the professor knows your academic attributes well and can describe them. If it is not possible to obtain an academic reference, then two professional letters of recommendation will be accepted.
Applicants must include at least one professional reference. We will NOT accept two academic references.
One scanned, electronic copy of a transcript is required from every degree granting post-secondary institution you have attended. When scanning your transcripts please ensure that both sides of each transcript page are scanned (unless blank). We will accept Unofficial Transcripts for admissions evaluation purposes only.
If your transcripts/documents are in a language other than English, you must also provide a notarized English translation; note that translations do not replace original documentation (i.e., both the English translation and the original version must be submitted).
Once you have been admitted into a Ryerson graduate program and have confirmed your offer, we will ask you to submit your official final transcripts in a sealed envelope. Ryerson students are not required to submit official transcripts of study undertaken at Ryerson (if they were first registered after September 1984). You must arrange to have your transcripts sent directly from the institution to Ryerson to the following address:
Yeates School of Graduate Studies
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
5. Test of English Language Proficiency
Applicants may be required to provide certification of English language proficiency. For more information, visit the Admission Requirements