Note: The deadline for the Fall 2018 GAPP is already passed (September 23th & October 28th). The Winter 2019 term deadline will be announced during the first week of December 2018.
The Guided Academic Planning Program (GAPP) is a peer-assisted program designed to guide TRSM students with a CGPA equal to or lower than 1.3 and/or on qualifying probation to develop concrete and attainable goals to improve their academic performance.
How Does GAPP Work?
1. Attend a GAPP Learning Seminar, where they learn about strategies for success and how to improve their study skills.
2. Meet with the ASC Learning Strategist for an initial consultation, to develop an individualized plan for success. Our Strategist will refer you to a Peer Academic Coach (PAC) to guide you in executing your personal academic part. PACs are upper-year students from all TRSM schools, trained to assist their fellow students with study skills.
3. Meet with the PAC at least four (4) times through the academic term to maximize your chances for success.
GAPP Will Help YOU…
• Understand your past learning experiences and how you can improve your academic results.
• Reach concrete and attainable academic and personal goals.
• Develop a plan tailored to your needs.
In order to stay in GAPP and obtain a certificate of attendance (required by some schools in TRSM), participants are required to comply with ALL the following requirements:
Applications for GAPP have now closed for Fall 2018.
For more information, contact: