WINTER 2019 ACADEMIC TERM INFORMATION
The GAPP is a peer assisted program designed to guide TRSM students with a CGPA equal or lower than 1.3 and/or on qualifying probation to develop concrete and attainable goals to improve their academic performance.
How does GAPP Work?
1. Participants attend a GAPP Learning Seminar, where they learn about strategies for success and how to improve their study skills.
2. They are then required to meet with the ASC Learning Strategist for an initial consultation, where an individual academic plan for success is devised.
3. Participants are referred to meet with a Peer Academic Coach (PAC) at least four times during the term. PACs are upper-year students from all five schools in TRSM, trained to assist their fellow students with study skills and to guide GAPP participants in the execution of their personal academic plans.
GAPP Will Help YOU…
• Understanding your past learning experiences and how you can Improve your academic results.
• Reaching concrete and attainable academic and personal goals.
• Developing a plan tailored to your needs.
In order to stay in GAPP and obtain a certificate of attendance (required by some schools in TRSM) participants are required to comply with ALL the following requirements:
1) Attend ONE (1) GAPP Learning Seminar
2) Attend ONE (1) learning consultation with the ASC Learning Strategist by February 12, 2019
3) Attend FOUR (4) or more sessions with a Peer Academic Coach (PAC) by April 5th, 2019.
4) Complete and submit an exit questionnaire and an attendance record to Learning Strategist by April 5th, 2019.
Deadline: Sunday, January 27, 2019. GAPP has limited capacity; early registration is recommended.
How to Sign Up
Complete an e-application and register for a GAPP Learning Seminar at: bit.ly/GAPP-Winter19. You will choose ONE of the following dates:
· Wednesday, January 30, 2019: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM, TRS 1-010
· Thursday, January 31, 2019: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, TRS 1-010
· Friday, February 01, 2019: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, TRS 1-010
· Monday, February 04, 2019: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, TRS 1-010
Note: Participants are encouraged to bring their laptop to the GAPP Learning Seminar