You are now in the main content area
The Academic Success Centre is serving the Ted Rogers School of Management community virtually in the 2020/21 academic year.
Peer Academic Coaches
Students can book a one-on-one appointment with one of our Peer Academic Coaches (PAC). PACs are upper-year students from various programs in TRSM, who are trained to assist you with:
- improving or learning new study skills, opens in new window
- becoming organized and better managing your time
- navigating your academics
- campus referrals, as you may need
- and more!
We know that it’s very easy to start with great energy but run out of fuel as the term progresses and courses or assignments become more demanding and challenging. Meeting regularly with a PAC is a great way to stay motivated throughout the academic term.
Each appointment slot is for a 45 minutes in length. Please see "Steps to book an appointment".
Steps to book an appointment
with a Peer Academic Coach (PAC)
- Request an appointment through our calendar, external link
- Complete the PAC Appointment Request form, external link*
- Once the PAC Appointment Request form is submitted, we will send you a Google Meet link to your Google Calendar. Please do not submit your form more than once, per appointment request.
*If the PAC Appointment Request form isn't completed, we will consider your request to be incomplete. For any incomplete requests, we reserve the right to cancel the request. Please make sure to complete this form, in addition to booking yourself into our Google Calendar appointment slot.
NOTICE: To ensure equitable access to our Peer Academic Coaching appointments, students must have a minimum of five (5) business days between their appointments.
Book a one-on-one learning consultation with our Learning Strategist (a member of our professional staff team, opens in new window) to discuss your current approaches to studying and talk about strategies to improve your ability to learn in a university environment. You will explore your existing study habits and adjust your approach with practical strategies and learning plan tailored to your goals.
Some topics you may explore in a 30 to 45 minute learning consultation include:
- learning to manage time and addressing procrastination issues and stress
- understanding the science of learning and using appropriate learning strategies to study course content and prepare for exams
- bouncing back after poor grades
- building your confidence in difficult course content
- hitting the Dean’s List or meeting the co-op program’s CGPA eligibility
- any other questions or concerns you might have about your learning journey
To book an appointment, click on the teal button reading, "Book an appointment with our Learning Strategist".