All tutoring will commence on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Both drop-in and individual tutoring sessions will take place in the Tutoring Centre at room TRS 3-051.
Take the elevator to the third level of TRSM, which is the ninth floor. Exit the elevator and turn right, head down the windowed hallway. At the end of the hall, turn right. Just past the Learning Commons and washrooms, you'll find the ASC Tutoring Centre.
Monday thru Friday from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Academic Peer Helpers will be available in the Tutoring Centre (TRS 3-051) for drop-in tutoring according to the regular schedule for the term (schedule above). During drop-in tutoring hours, students are welcome to come by the Tutoring Centre to see if APHs are available to discuss their questions related to their courses. To facilitate an optimized learning environment and ensure students are able to have their questions addressed, the maximum capacity per Academic Peer Helper would will up to five (5) students at a time.
Monday - Friday
12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Per hour, there are four (4) sessions, run by four (4) Academic Peer Helpers. Students are able to drop in for small group tutoring, according to the regular schedule for the term.
Winter 2020 Drop-In Tutoring will commence on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Pre-registration request for individual tutoring
The Academic Success Centre will pilot offering individual tutoring in the Fall 2019 term, available by pre-registration request
Individual Tutoring Availability is on Mondays to Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. During those times, Academic Peer Helpers will be available for half-hour individual (one-on-one) tutoring sessions ‐ either in person at the Tutoring Centre (TRS 3-051) or through Google Hangouts. Students requesting individual tutoring can indicate their preference in their pre-registration request.
Students can request a half-hour individual tutoring session up to one (1) week in advance, using the request form. Requests for individual tutoring will be addressed within two business days, and students with confirmed appointments will receive a Google Calendar invitation from the Academic Success Centre (email@example.com) to your Ryerson email. If students are unable to attend a session that they previously confirmed, they are encouraged to contact the Program Contact with as much notice as possible.
To promote equitable access to the Academic Peer Helpers, students will be allowed to pre-register for one (1) half-hour of individual tutoring per course, per day. Students may register for a total of one (1) hour of individual tutoring per course, per week.
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Per hour, there are four (4) sessions, run by four (4) Academic Peer Helpers. Students are permitted to pre-register for one (1) half-hour of individual tutoring per course, per day, and one (1) hour of individual tutoring per course, per week.
Winter 2020 Individual Tutoring will commence on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
- ASC YouTube channel, external link, opens in new window
- Course-specific tip sheets
- Student Learning Support: Calculator Tutorials
- Student Learning Support: Math Support
- Student Learning Support: Supported Learning Groups (SLG Schedule on home page)
- Economics Help Centre
- To work with an upper-year peer who has a good knowledge of the course material
- Opportunity to ask questions about course content and how to approach solving various problems
- Referrals to other available resources, both within TRSM and on campus, regarding tutoring and learning skills
- To be actively engaged in the session. To gain the most from your visit/ session, it is best to come prepared with questions, having done the reading/ attended lecture (ideally both!)
- A welcoming and collaborative environment. Regardless of your knowledge with the courses, there are always areas where we can assist you in improving! We respect that students who come to the Tutoring Centre may have varying learning and personal goals. Remember: we are here to help!
NOTICE: The ASC cannot assist students with material that will be graded, such as assignments, essays, quizzes, take-home tests, etc. as guided by Ryerson’s Academic Integrity Policy. For more information, please visit the Academic Integrity Office's website (which houses short and informative videos on A.I. policies at Ryerson), and read/ review Procedures for Ryerson Senate Policy 60: Academic Integrity.
- Tutoring does not replace instruction in class. You are responsible for attending class. The Academic Peer Helper will not be teaching missed class content.
- Come prepared to ask questions; be familiar with the course material to get the most out of the session. Bring your own supplies, i.e. OneCard, textbook, calculator, paper, pen, etc.
- Academic Peer Helpers (APHs) cannot assist with material that will be graded, such as assignments, quizzes, take-home tests, etc. as it is against Ryerson’s Academic Integrity Policy. For more information, please visit the Academic Integrity website, and read/ review PDF fileProcedures for Ryerson Senate Policy 60: Academic Integrity, opens in new window.
- A maximum of five (5) students can be assisted at a time, by an APH during drop-in tutoring. You can request to pre-register for a half-hour individual tutoring session with an Academic Peer Helper only one (1) week in advance of that session. Individual tutoring is available in person or through Google Hangouts.
- Students are permitted to pre-register for one (1) half-hour of individual tutoring per course, per day, and one (1) hour of individual tutoring per course, per week. You are welcome to stay for the following session if an APH is available.
- If you are pre-registered for an individual tutoring session and do not arrive by ten (10) minutes after the session start time (as per Ryerson Time), we will consider that you have missed your appointment.
- If you are not able to attend an individual tutoring session you have pre-registered for, please contact the Tutoring Program Coordinator (contact below) in advance, to cancel. Please note: If you cancel the Google Calendar invitation for your individual tutoring session, it will be considered that you have cancelled your pre-registration for that session.
- The Tutoring Centre is not to be used for personal study or other personal matters.
- No food or drink (besides water) is permitted in the Tutoring Centre.
- To help keep the air healthy for everyone, the ASC (including the Tutoring Centre) is a scent-free environment.
- Please complete a feedback form at the end of each tutoring session that you attend.