Make the Future
Welcome to the Creative Innovation Studio, a community of innovators advancing the creative industries.
Having supported over 50 experimental projects and 2,000 members, our resources provide a one-stop destination that help innovative creators iterate, refine, finance and commercialize their boundary-pushing ideas.
Our members gain access to our in-house services and facilities, along with access to additional research and development resources through Ryerson University.
At our core, we are creative, cross-disciplinary, collaborative and forward-looking. Whether you're building a business, experimenting on a project or doing research in the creative industries, here you'll join a growing network of like-minded people.
We have paused our usual programs for the year and are only running The Recovery Cohort in all 2 of our incubator programs that accept experimental & creative projects. In addition to our incubator programs, we have various communities and spaces affiliated with our membership.
While we are currently unable to provide unlimited access to our physical on-campus spaces due to COVID-19 precautionary measures, we have developed our virtual resources to provide the best possible incubator/accelerator experience. One of the primary benefits of being in our co-working spaces is the ability to connect with others, and we are working hard to ensure these same peer-to-peer opportunities exist in the virtual delivery of our programming.
We have paused our usual memberships for the year and are only running virtual cohort memberships for The Recovery Cohort in all our programs for Fall 2020 & Winter 2021. Each cohort lasts 4 months and is highly competitive with a limited number of experimental/creative projects and innovative creators admitted.
- Open to any experimental project & innovative work across Canada
- Programming focus is on bespoke fireside chats, workshops, continuous testing & iteration and peer-to-peer connections.
We have paused our usual applications for the year and are only reviewing applications for The Recovery Cohort in all our programs. We are running 2 sessions of the cohort, one in Fall 2020 & one in Winter 2021. This is a highly competitive cohort with a limited number of projects being admitted in the incubator program.
Fall 2020 Cohort - August 21, 2020
Winter 2021 Cohort - November 20, 2020
1. Apply online - in addition to a written application, we'll also be asking you to submit a video pitch. If you have any questions about the application, contact us!
2. Screening - we review your application once the application deadline has passed and evaluate its strength & fit. If we have further questions, we may ask you to virtually have a conversation with some of our selection team.
3. Offer - you receive an emailed formal acceptance into the program
4. On-boarding - attend a virtual on-boarding session to meet staff & members of your cohort and to learn about the full program for the next 4 months.