*We're Hiring* The Studio and the Zones are Looking for Student Ambassadors!
Fashion Zone - Indigenous Fashion Support Program Events and Community Relations Ambassador
The Fashion Zone’s Indigenous Fashion Support Program (IFS) Program is a free, virtual incubation program that supports Indigenous entrepreneurs to experience the journey of building or scaling a business in the fashion industry. With a focus on fashion, product and technology, the program enables participants to sharpen their entrepreneurial skills while developing real-life solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Events and Community Relations Ambassador plans and executes events and internal programming for the IFS and Fashion Zone programs. Projects could include but are not limited to planning, execution, and support of programs, internal events, and support on improving the IFS start-ups' overall experience. The Events and Community Relations Ambassador will play an integral role in the planning and execution of programming at the IFS. The role will require written and oral communication skills, collaboration with organizations and community groups, event planning, organization, coordination, administration, problem-solving, and creative thinking. It will also require the student to be a welcoming face to the IFS community. The Events and Community Relations Ambassador will work closely with the Fashion Zone Manager and Coordinator. This will develop the student's collaboration and communication skills. it will also build the student's soft skills and provide them with an experiential learning opportunity.
- Assists with event logistics and internal communication (mentor meetings, member inquiries, scheduling)
- Develops resources related to internal community programming and projects
- Assists with executing internal community engagement programs
- Works closely with the Zone Management and Coordinator on supporting internal programming at the IFS/Fashion Zone
- Other duties as identified by the Zone Management/Coordinator