- Building out the storytelling aspects of your project
- Access to filming and audio studios & recording equipment
- Business and funding development and strategy
- Discoverability strategy
- A dedicated strategic advisor who will track your progress, help you set project milestones, connect you to resources, and help you attain your goals
- Access to industry-leading mentors
- Exclusive creative industry workshops
- A collaborative community of like-minded peers
- Professional 24/7 workspace and space to meet with your team and clients
- A downtown Toronto mailing address with mailbox service
- Bookable event space
- Extra help: the opportunity to take on an apprentice or associate in a mutually beneficial arrangement
The Transmedia Zone is a competitive incubator and accepts only four to five new projects each pitch cycle. The first three months of membership are on us. At month 4 and beyond, we charge a highly subsidized monthly membership fee per team. You can view our rates PDF filehere, external link, opens in new window. Current students never pay a fee, and discounts apply to recent grads, Ryerson alumni, and outside teams that employ Ryerson students.
Storytellers, creators, artists and innovators with a strong, unique and authentic point of view, and a clear mission and desire to see your project from concept to completion. You are beyond the "napkin" stage: you have a clear idea and a prototype that helps us see your vision (a creative treatment; scripts; storyboards; a video; demo etc.) You must be currently engaged in, and actively pursuing your field. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make your mark on the world.
“Innovation” in our context means:
- Using new platforms because they are an integral part of the story you want to tell
- Remixing or reimagining traditional storytelling formats
- Creating new platforms to support stories and storytellers
- Sharing a distinctive point-of-view
- Reaching new audiences
You pitch. You’re accepted. You meet the TMZ crew, the members of your cohort, as well as established TMZ residents. You meet your strategic advisor, set your milestones and receive your first incubation roadmap. At the end of your third month, you re-pitch and share your progress. We decide together whether there is a continued fit between what we offer and what you need. You stay. You receive a new roadmap for the next 6 months. At the end of your next six months, we re-evaluate again, together.