Top 200 students complete the following experiential learning activities:
- Exclusive off-campus Leadership Summit
- Exclusive Leadership Forum
- Lumina Spark and Lumina Leader (self-awareness profiles)
- Exclusive Learning from Leaders events
- One-on-one Mentorship with an accomplished industry professional
- Networking and Industry Engagement with a wide range of business leaders
- Interaction with and support from a close community of other Top 200 students and alumni
- One-on-one coaching
- Ethical Leadership and Business Ethics Speaker Series
- Business Career Hub Seminars/ Workshops
- Community Engagement
Upon completion, graduates of the Top 200 Program receive a distinctive Recognition of Achievement at a private Top 200 graduation ceremony.
Please refer to the Application section below for a detailed outline of the application process and which criteria are considered during the selection process.
The Top 200 Program is a two-year program. Students normally apply during the Winter term of their 2nd year at TRSM (or in their 3rd year if they plan of staying for a 5th year).
All applications must be sent by email to Andre Serero at email@example.com no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on March 13.
Applications must include “TOP 200 Application: YOUR NAME”, in the subject line and the following content:
- Name, Year of Study, Program, Major/Minor (if applicable), CGPA
- A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript
- A detailed resume (which should include a full description of your extracurricular activities)
- An essay (maximum 500 words) answering the following questions:
1) Why do you believe that you are an ideal candidate for the Top 200 Program?
2) In particular, what do you hope to achieve from the Top 200 Program and what skills and attributes do you hope to contribute to the Top 200 Program?
- A recommendation letter may be submitted with your application, on an optional basis.
All applications will be considered using the following criteria, with a maximum of 25 points available. In the event of a tie, interviews will be scheduled with the appropriate applicants.
CGPA (Max of 10 points):
- Applicants with a CGPA below 2.67 will be granted 0 points.
- Applicants with a CGPA between 2.67 and 2.99 will be granted 6 points.
- Applicants with a CGPA between 3.00 and 3.32 will be granted 7 points.
- Applicants with a CGPA between 3.33 and 3.66 will be granted 8 points.
- Applicants with a CGPA between 3.67 and 3.99 will be granted 9 points.
- Applicants with a CGPA of 4.00 or higher shall be granted 10 points.
Extra Curicular (Max of 10 points)
- Applicants will be granted between 1 and 5 points based on the nature and scope of the applicant’s involvement and responsibility in his/her extracurricular activities. (The greater the nature and scope of the involvement and responsibility, the greater the score.)
- Applicants will be granted between 1 and 5 points based on the number of extracurricular activities and how diverse those activities are. (The greater the number and diversity of activities, the greater the score.)
Essay Question (Max of 5 points)
- Applicants will be granted between 1 and 5 points based on their response to the Essay Question.
- The criteria to be used will include the quality of the response, the clarity of expression and overall presentation.
Applications are due on March 13th of every year. Most applicants apply during their second year at TRSM. You can also apply during your third year if you plan to spend part of a fifth year at TRSM.
PDF fileThe application process and criteria is published. During the acceptance process, we look at a candidate’s CGPA, extra-curricular involvements, and a short essay prepared by the applicant. References are optional.
The Top 200 is a two-year program. For most students, this will span over their third and fourth years at TRSM, but for some students it will cover their fourth and fifth years at TRSM.
The Top 200 Program brings together dedicated students from all of TRSM’s schools and departments. The two-year program features a structured series of extracurricular developmental activities, learning experiences and employer engagement opportunities, including career and personal development sessions, a leadership summit, mentoring, and coaching. The Top 200 program also provides unique opportunities to engage with a wide variety of industry leaders.
- BCH Seminars/Workshops
- Learning from Leaders events
- Lumina Leader and Lumina Spark (self awareness profiles)
- Leadership Summit (3rd year)
- Ethical Leadership and Business Ethics Speaker Series
- Leadership Forum (4th year)
- Mentorship (4th year)
- Community engagement
Acceptance into the Top 200 is via a competitive application process. A maximum of 100 students are accepted each year into the two-year program. So, at any point in time, there are a maximum of 200 students in the program.
The Top 200 Program is nothing like a classroom. So, as the saying goes, you get out of it what you put into it. There are some minimum requirements, but motivated students easily find time to attend those events and much more. Naturally, we encourage you to be as involved as possible because the tools and experiential learning activities that we offer you will provide you with maximum benefit and advantage.
Yes, a significant number of our Top 200 students are also in Co-op.
Absolutely! In fact, one of the benefits of the program is that you have an opportunity for one-on-one coaching sessions with André Serero, the Executive in Residence of the Program. He has helped several students manage their Top 200 Program commitments while on exchange.
It is very simple. You send an e-mail to André, and you set-up an appointment to meet. The number of meetings is completely up to you. You may come with specific topics of discussion, or this can be done during the coaching session itself.
André can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
A mentor will be assigned to you in your second year of the Top 200 Program. The mentorship part of the Top 200 Program runs from September to April of your second year of the Top 200 program.
Upon completion, you will take part in a special Top 200 Graduation Ceremony, where you will receive a unique Top 200 Recognition of Achievement. Your record of completion will be kept on file at the Business Career Hub (BCH) and can be referenced on your CV.
“The Top 200 Program requires students to complete a number of career workshops. This requirement opened my eyes to the resources available at Ted Rogers School of Management, and for that I am grateful.”
“I owe a lot of where I am today to the Top 200 Program and my mentor.”