You are now in the main content area
Scotiabank Changemakers Fund
The Scotiabank Changemakers Fund allows TRSM students to participate in Co-op placements with not-for-profit organizations, a sector often underrepresented as a career option to young people. Encouraging this interaction between business students and the not-for-profit sector will create further opportunities for employment and continued volunteerism.
The program provides reimbursement to the organization for up to 50 percent of the total cost of the Co-op placement. Work terms may range in length between 4 and 8 months.
To qualify for the Scotiabank Changemakers Fund organizations must satisfy the following criteria:
- A charitable organization or foundation registered as a charity with the Canada Revenue Agency
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation
- Located in the Greater Toronto Area
- Minimum 10 full time staff and ability to demonstrate business activity for 5+ years
- Commitment to hiring students for a minimum of 3 work terms, with preference given to longer term relationships or projects
- Submit a brief description of how the organization aligns with Ted Rogers School of Management values:
- Relevance and innovation
- Commitment to the community
- Diversity and inclusion
- Spirit of collaboration
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Jessica Kudlats, Strategic Partner Advisor, for more information
Average Tax Credit
Employers who hire Co-op students are eligible to receive up to $3,000 per student, per 4-month work term in a government-subsidized Co-operative Education Tax Credit.
More information on Co-op Tax Credit, external link: