How to Donate
It's easier than ever to donate to the Ryerson United Way Greater Toronto campaign. Ryerson staff and faculty will receive a personalized email with a link to donate online through the secure campaign donation website. When donating online you can customize your gift and choose which United Way Greater Toronto agency, external link you’d like to support.
Yes. You can direct your donation to the agency of your choice, external link, opens in new window or you can support Ryerson agencies, including Spanning the Gaps - Access to Post-Secondary Educatio, opens in new windown and the Gerrard Resource Centre, opens in new window.
To allocate your gift, follow these instructions:
- With your 2020 Ryerson United Way Greater Toronto campaign email open, click on your personal link to donate through the secure campaign website.
- Click the "Donate Now" button at the bottom right of the website.
- Create or enter your password.
- Select the donation type (payroll, credit card, etc.) and the total dollar amount of your donation. You can also customize the amount of each payroll deduction as well as the number of installments you would like to make over the course of the year.
- Once you have specified the terms of your donation, click the "Designate to United Way or other Canadian charities" link.
- A new window will come up that will allow you to designate the area where you would like your donation to go (From Poverty to Possibility, All that Kids Can Be, or Building Strong Communities) and/or you can enter the name of your charity of choice and click on search to select.
- Once you've selected the donation area and/or charity of choice, you can allocate the amount that you'd like to donate and click the green "Add" button. Please note: you can split your donation between the charities of your choice, but every designation must be a minimum of $25.00 and is subject to a $16.00 fee that reflects the cost of administering and processing the donation.
- Once all your funds are allocated, click "save". You will then be able to review your donation summary. If you are happy with your specification, you can click "Continue" or you can make any necessary changes.
- Once you have clicked "continue", you will be brought to the "Summary & Confirmation" page where you will enter your personal information. (Your information is kept in strict confidence.)
- After your personal information is entered, click "continue" and you will be brought to the "thank you" page. Shortly after completing this process, you will receive a confirmation email with the summary of your donation.
If you donated by payroll deduction, the amount will appear on your T4 slip.
If you would like a 2020 tax receipt, please remember to submit your online donation before end-of-day December 31, 2020. That’s when online giving closes.
The Ryerson United Way Greater Toronto campaign officially ends January 31, 2021. If you’d like to donate in January, you can still do so – contact Aaraniy Baskaran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you gave a one-time donation by credit card, you will be sent an electronic tax receipt by email. If you donated by one-time cheque, and if United Way receives and processes your cheque payment before the end of your workplace campaign, you will be sent an electronic tax receipt by email.