Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey Contest
As part of the Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey, Ryerson Eats is offering prizes to encourage current meal plan holders to provide feedback on their on-campus dining experience.
Complete the survey for a chance to win a prize pack
By taking 5 - 10 minutes to complete the survey, students who provide their email address will automatically be entered into a draw for a chance to win one of ten prizes of $25 loaded onto their student OneCard for use at the DCC Market.
The survey and contest is open to current full- or part-time students living in a Ryerson residence who have purchased a meal plan. To be eligible for the draw, you must complete the survey between 9 a.m. on October 20, 2021 and 4:59 p.m. on November 4, 2021.
Contest winners will be contacted the week of November 15 by Ryerson Eats staff with instructions for claiming their prizes.
Your responses to the survey will remain confidential and will not be shared outside of the Ryerson Eats team.
If you have any questions about the Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey or its associated contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey random draw rules
Ryerson University (“Ryerson”), through Ryerson Eats (the “Contest Sponsor”) is launching a Ryerson Eats Survey Random Draw Contest (the “Contest”) in association with the Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey.
The Contest is open for Contest Entry (defined below) submissions between 9:00 a.m. E.S.T. on October 21, 2021 and 4:59 p.m. E.S.T. on November 4, 2021 (the “Contest Entry Period”). All Contest Entries must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period. The Contest Sponsor’s server machine is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
The Contest is open to any individual who is a current Ryerson student living in a Ryerson residence (Pitman Hall, Pitman Hall apartments, International Living/Learning Centre, Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex, HOEM) who is on a current meal plan during the Contest Entry Period (each an “Eligible Student”).
No purchase necessary. Every Eligible Student who completes the Ryerson Eats Feedback Survey available at [URL for survey] during the Entry Period (an “Entrant”) will be automatically granted one entry in the draw (“Contest Entry”). To be eligible, an Entry must: (i) contain sufficient information to permit the Contest Sponsor to contact the Entrant in the event they are an eligible winner; and (ii) be submitted and received during the Entry Period, in accordance with these Rules. All eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules will be entered into the random prize draw.
There is a limit of one (1) Contest Entry per Entrant. Use of any automated system to enter is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. By entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees to comply with these Contest Rules and with the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are irrevocable and are legally binding in all matters related to the Contest (the “Entry Conditions”).
There is a limit of one (1) Contest Entry per Eligible Student. There are ten (10) prizes available in the Contest (each a “Prize” and collectively “Prizes”), each consisting of $25 loaded onto a student’s OneCard for use at the DCC Market.
- On or about November 17, 2021, the Contest Sponsor will select at random ten (10) potential prize winners (each an “Eligible Winner” and collectively “Eligible Winners”) from all eligible Contest Entries submitted during the Contest Entry Period (the “Selection”). Selected Eligible Winners will each be eligible to receive a maximum of one (1) prize.
- Within five (5) business days of the Selection, the Contest Sponsor, or its designated representative, will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each Eligible Winner by emailing the Eligible Winner at the corresponding email address used to submit the eligible Contest Entry. Each Eligible Winner must accept the Prize as awarded by the Contest Sponsor within five (5) business days of the Selection or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this section, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Prize is not transferable or substitutable unless authorized in writing by the Contest Sponsor before the transfer or substitution is made.
- The odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the total number of eligible Contest Entries received.
- NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THEM AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER. Before an Eligible Winner is declared a winner (after declaration, referred to as a ”Winner” and collectively “Winners”), the Eligible Winner must sign and return, within five (5) business days of notification, a declaration of compliance and release of liability prepared by the Contest Sponsor (the “Release”). The Release also requires the Eligible Winner to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid.
- By participating in the Contest and accepting a Prize, each eligible winner hereby: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases Ryerson from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertising carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- The Eligible Winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to the Prize if the Eligible Winner: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) fails to return the properly executed Release within the specified time; (iii) violates any of Ryerson’s policies, procedures, standards, or guidelines during the Contest Period; or (iv) cannot be declared a Winner in accordance with these Contest Rules for any reason. If an Eligible Winner is disqualified, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another Entrant via random draw (in which case the provisions of Section 7 apply to such new Eligible Winner).
The odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the time of entry and the total number of eligible Contest Entries received.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, strike or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, and disqualify any individual or entity who is responsible for such action. If terminated, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible Contest Entries received up to time of such action using the procedures outlined herein.
No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for: any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; the failure of any Contest Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Contest Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.