You are now in the main content area

Accepted Documents

In light of COVID-19, we are unable to issue Faculty and Staff OneCards at this time. We are currently exploring options for processing OneCard applications by appointment and will update this page as more information becomes available.

If you are considered an essential service staff member and require a OneCard to access facilities on campus, please contact the OneCard Office at or 416-979-5000, ext. 7565 and we will arrange a time for you to pick-up your OneCard.

To pickup your OneCard, you must bring one of the following pieces of government-issued identification with you. If you do not possess any ID issued by a Canadian federal, provincial or territorial government, you must present a passport.  

Present one of the following documents as a means of identification:

Canadian passport


Ontario drivers licence

Driver’s Licence

Ontario health card

Photo Health Card

Ontario photo card

Ontario Photo Card

Secured Certificate of Indian Status Card

Secured Certificate of Indian Status Card

Permanent Resident Card

Permanent Resident Card


  • Documents must be original versions. Copies will not be accepted.
  • All documents must be valid. Expired documents will not be accepted.
  • The name on your documents must match your primary name on file with Ryerson University.
  • If there has been a name change, a marriage certificate and/or other documentation supporting the name change must be provided.

Accommodations for trans employees

If you are an employee who is transitioning and would like to know more about this process, please visit Human Resources: Gender Transitioning. Contact your HR consultant who can help you through every step of the process, including get a new OneCard.