Your OneCard is one of the most important tools you’ll need while at Ryerson. We encourage you to treat it carefully by following these proper care guidelines:
- Do not let others use your card. As per the OneCard Terms of Agreement, you should be the only one using your card. Possession of a OneCard that is not your own is strictly prohibited and might be confiscated by Ryerson Security if detected. The person whose name is printed on the card is responsible for all transactions made with the card. If your card is lost or stolen, report it to the OneCard Office as soon as possible.
- Don't punch a hole or bend your card. Card readers cannot read bent, cracked, or hole punched cards reliably. If you accidentally bend, crack or punch a hole in your card, visit the OneCard Office for a replacement. You will be responsible for the replacement fee. To learn more, visit the Replace Your Student OneCard page or Replace Your Faculty and Staff OneCard page.
- Don't scratch or write on your card.
- Don’t get your card excessively wet.
- Keep your card away from magnetic fields and keys.
OneCard not working?
If your OneCard is not working, please bring your card to the OneCard office in person during business hours so we can assess the issue.