Besides being your official identification and access card on campus, your OneCard can serve as a convenient tool to allow you to pay for products and services.
How paying with your OneCard works
OneCards use declining balance technology similar to a debit card, but without the fees. You can load funds directly onto your card, and when you use it for paid services, the amount is deducted from your balance when you swipe.
Benefits of loading funds onto your OneCard
- no need to carry cash, just load funds onto your card and swipe
- easy and convenient
- no fees
- transactions can be easily tracked by the cardholder
- if your card is lost or stolen, your OneCard can be deactivated to protect the funds remaining on the card
- if you leave the university, you can apply for a refund*
- use it at campus food outlets**
*Please visit Refunds to view eligibility
**Alcohol purchases cannot be made on OneCards
Deposit online using eAccounts
You can deposit money to your student OneCard online at anytime using the OneCard eAccounts, opens in new window.
Accepted payment methods
Visa Debit, Visa, Mastercard and American Express
Add a specific amount or top-off the current balance
You can choose a specific amount to deposit or to deposit enough funds to top-off the current balance. For example, if an account contains $10, you can choose to top-off the balance so that the total account has $55 in it. Therefore, the deposit amount would be the difference of $45.
- Select “Make a guest deposit”.
- You will be required to input the following information regarding the recipient:
- Last name of student
- Ryerson email address of student
- Ryerson student ID number
- Once you input this information, you will be required to select an account to deposit into. Campus Fund is the default account assigned to all student cards. Please confirm with the card holder, if an account other than Campus Fund is required. If the account selected is not assigned to the student’s OneCard, the transaction will not process.
Learn about the functionality of eAccounts.
eAccounts privacy disclaimer
Ryerson uses a third-party service provider, Transact Holdings Inc. to enable you to make secure online deposits of funds to your OneCard account. Should you choose to use this service, any financial information (credit card or banking information) you provide to Transact is not shared with Ryerson. Transact shares limited personal information with Ryerson specifically, your first and last name, student ID number, and email address which Ryerson needs in order to link the deposits to the actual OneCard account.
Other ways to deposit funds
Besides OneCard eAccounts, opens in new window, there is another way to deposit funds:
You can deposit money to your OneCard, check your balance or buy a cash card at PHIL machines located across the campus. Follow the screen prompts on the display.
Accepted payment method
PHIL machines accept $5, $10 or $20 Canadian bills only and does not provide change.
PHIL machine locations
To locate a PHIL machine, please visit the Ryerson campus map.
If you have any questions about how to deposit funds, please contact the OneCard office.