You are now in the main content area
If you have funds on your OneCard, it will be considered dormant if there has been no financial activity on them for a period of 24 months (2 years).
The following OneCard accounts are considered dormant:
- If you are no longer registered as a student at Ryerson University, you have from May 1 to October 31 directly after you leave the university to request a refund for the remaining balance. If you do not request a refund during this period, the funds will be returned to the university.
- If you are no longer registered as a student at Ryerson University, OneCard balances that have been inactive for 24 months are cleared to the benefit of the university.
- Cash cards that have been inactive for 24 months are cleared to the benefit of the university.
- If after 24 months the owner (or beneficiary) of the account would like the funds returned, they have five years to claim it. This request must be provided to the OneCard Office in writing.
- A cleared dormant account reinstated for a refund, will be recovered in the same proportions from where they were cleared to.