Please note that some designated bike parking locations have been temporarily moved due to Campus Core Revitalization construction work. For more information, including a list of changes, visit the Bicycles page on the project website.
Outdoor bicycle parking
Ryerson community members are encouraged to choose from the more than 1,100 outdoor bicycle parking locations on campus equipped with stationary, permanent bicycle “post and ring” poles or racks. Cyclists should not lock their bicycles to railings, ramps, fences or other areas not specifically made for bicycles or risk their bicycle being removed.
Reserved secure bicycle parking
Enhancing Ryerson’s existing cycling infrastructure, we offer 98 reserved secure bicycle parking spaces in the Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex (DCC) at 288 Church St. available for students, faculty and staff. Permit holders have access to dedicated washroom and shower facilities that can be accessed with their OneCard.
Reserved secure bicycle parking at 288 Church St. requires a permit and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The September 2020 to April 2021 reserved secure bicycle parking permits will be available for purchase online beginning Tuesday, August 4 at 9:30 a.m. on a first come, first served basis.
September 2020 to April 2021 permit holders interested in obtaining a May 2021 to August 2021 reserved secure bicycle parking permit will be required to purchase a permit in April 2021.
Reserved secure bicycle parking permits are for eight months (September to April) or four months (September to December, January to April, May to August).
In order to be eligible for a reserved secure bicycle parking permit, you must be enrolled in at least one course in the corresponding semesters or be employed by the university.
Reserved secure bicycle parking is available at the Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Centre at 288 Church St., lower level B01.
288 Church St. reserved secure bicycle parking
- Location: Enter from the main entrance of 288 Church St. and take the elevator P3 down to the lower level (B01) to access your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room.
- Amenities: Dedicated washroom and shower facilities (B35 and B36) are located on the lower level (B01) and can be accessed with your OneCard.
- Activation: Please allow two (2) business days after your transaction date for your OneCard to be activated so you can access your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room
- How to access your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room: Your OneCard will grant you 24/7 access to the DCC and your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room for the duration of your permit, with exception when the university is closed.
The rates below are for the 2020/2021 academic year. Permit fees are subject to change. Permit fees are not prorated and there is no refund.
|Months||Cost (includes HST)||Status|
|September 2020 to April 2021||$75||Available for purchase beginning August 4, 2020 at 9:30 a.m., on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|September 2020 to December 2020||$55||Available for purchase beginning August 4, 2020 at 9:30 a.m., on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|January 2021 to April 2021||$55||Available for purchase beginning August 4, 2020 at 9:30 a.m., on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|May 2021 to August 2021||$55||Unavailable|
2020/2021 reserved secure bicycle parking permits are now live.
Once your purchase is completed, you will receive an email confirmation to your Ryerson email account from email@example.com. This email will include:
- Transaction confirmation
- Your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room attached to your permit
- Access guidelines to your assigned reserved secure bicycle parking room