Create new pages (and edit existing pages)
- Navigate to your folder via Site Admin
- Click once on folder name in tree view (left pane)
- Click “New”> “New page” in horizontal toolbar
- In window: Add Title
Choose a descriptive title; The title will become your Page Title, navigation label and the H1 on your page.
- Add filename (name)
- Tick the "Show In Navigation" checkbox (optional)
- Select template type
- Click OK
Once your page has been created, it will appear in your site admin and tree view (example: e.g. create-page):
Right-click on the file and select "Open" or double-click the file to open the page. AEM allows authors to create content using a "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) interface.
The content area of your page will be empty; however, you will see any navigation or common content of your site. The area where "Drag components or assets here" is the space available for components.
At this stage, you will drag and drop components onto the page and configure them.
To edit existing pages, navigate to the file and double-click on the name to open the page.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the file and click Open.
To edit text:
- Select the component that requires editing
- Double-click on component, or right-click and select Edit
- Make change (Tip: run the spell check)
- Click OK
- Activate your page to update the change in the live website