You are now in the main content area
Vanity URLs are customized short URLs, created to redirect users to a page deeper within your site.
Vanity URLs are generally used for marketing purposes because they are shorter, easier to remember and easier to type.
- Open the Page Properties of the page i.e. The destination file for the vanity URL.
- Expand Vanity URL option near the bottom
- Click "Add Item"
- If you want the vanity redirect to be ryerson.ca/focusforward, type in your vanity URL like this: /focusforward
- Recommended: Select the checkbox next to Redirect Vanity URL (to prevent URL masking)
- Click OK
- Activate page
- Go to a browser and test your vanity URL . In this case, the vanity URL is ryerson.ca/focusforward
- You should now be redirected to the actual destination page