Event List or Grid
The Event list and grid component allows users to create a list or grid (with images) of event pages.
- This component must be used with the following templates:
- Found in Sidekick> Lists and Grids>Event
- Display options: List display and Grid view
- Thumbnails are not displayed in the list style.
- Thumbnails added to the event release template will display in Grid display only.
- Custom Colours Applicable: No
List Filtering Options:
"Autocategorized Tags" and "Categorized Tags" are two filtering options which allow users to filter list results using one or more tags. Learn how to use tag filtering.
Event grid display:
If no thumbnail is available within the event, a generic Ryerson icon will display in the grid view.
Event list display:
How to use:
- Drag Event component onto page (found in Sidekick>Lists and Grids)
- Open component
- Select Display As: List or Grid
- If you select Grid, the thumbnail image in the event pages will be displayed.
- Grid selection requires the selection of the number of columns:
- One column
- Two column
- Three column
- Four column
- Six column
- The following content (from the event release pages) can be displayed in the List or Grid
- Date and Time
- Event Open To
- Registration Link
- Display Tags on Items
- Enable Filtering By Tags
Configure the content to display:
- Events to display can include
- Current and future events or
- All events, past, present and future
- Paths - navigate to the path to the archive template containing your event pages.
- Click Add Item to add more than one path.
You can select a parent path, multiple paths or link directly to a specific page.
- Set a limit for the number of pages to display (e.g. 8 max per page)
- Offset - this is the number of pages you want to skip and not display in the grid or list
- Results per page - the number of pages that display in your list or grid (e.g. 4)
- Pagination options: Paged (Using Show More button) or Numbered (Using numbered pages)
Using the examples included above - limit of 8, results per page 4, the following would be the list display, using Numbered pagination option: