This template is now considered a legacy template. It will continue to be supported for existing sites; however, no new sites will be created using these templates and no new enhancements will be made. New sites use the responsive templates.
The information provided on this page is for authors who maintain websites that were built using this template.
Features of the 960 template:
- Content area is 960 pixels wide (including default padding)
- Header that displays a 960 pixel image or solid background colour
- Horizontal and Vertical Navigation Options
- Horizontal - Auto
- Horizontal - Custom
- Horizontal Mega Menu - Custom
- Horizontal Columned - Custom
- Vertical - Auto (a.k.a Left Navigation)
- Wayfinding Navigation
- Left template file that can be displayed on content pages
- Right template file that can be displayed on content pages
The 960 template requires the pages created using the following files in your root folder:
- header - site header template
- left - left column template
- right - right column template
Optional templates include:
The Header file is where the site name is defined and the navigation created.
- Use the tabs to make changes to your header
- Components cannot be used in the header
Create site name:
- Open the header file by double-clicking on the file name
- Right-click and select edit
- On site name tab, add the site name in the site name field
- Modify font colour in site name colour
- Font is Univers; cannot be modified
- Un-check the 'Display Site Name' if an image with text has been added
The left and right files are separate files in your website. The content can be viewed/not viewed by enabled them in each content page:
- Enable Left Feature, or
- Enable Right Feature
The left and right columns are edited by modifying the left and right files which are created using the left template and right template. They can accommodate most components; however, it is important to remember that this content will be scaled to fit into a smaller space when displayed with the rest of the content.
The left column is 200 pixels wide. The right column is 250 pixels wide.
IMPORTANT: Digital Publishing will NOT support or troubleshoot issues relating to user-added scripts or styles that interfere with the inherent functional of CQ/AEM templates or components.
The black bar above the header that displays the Ryerson logo and search tool is missing on the header page because it is not editable by web authors. It can be seen when viewing any content page.