Archive Template for News & Events
The archive template must be used when creating either news or event pages for your website. They help organize and structure content in a consistent way and this makes it easier to share with other sites.
Structuring content using the archive templates improves list performance, content search and display.
- Custom Colours Applicable: No
Archive templates are not intended to be News & Event Landing pages. They are created for structure only. You can use a news list/grid component, an event list/grid or a calendar component to display news and events on any page within your site.
Sample news & event archive structure:
|Template to use:||homepage template||general content template||Archive (yearly) template||archive month||News Template, or
Create a new archive template:
- In the site admin, choose a location for your archive
- Create New...>New File
- Scroll and select News/Events Archive (Yearly)
- Select Archive Year
- Click Create
- The archive template will autocreate its title and name (Title: Year Archive | Name=Year)
- In the left pane of the site admin, click on your new archive
- Monthly archives have been autogenerated with a numerical value within the year archive (01=January, 02=February, etc.)
Yearly Template is pre-populated with:
- Heading (H1) reads Archive – YEAR
- List of all months, with links to system-created monthly archive pages
Month Template is pre-populated with:
- Heading (H1) reads Archive – MONTH YEAR (cannot be modified)
- Columns component:
- News list
- Event list
- Page list to display list of months for specified year
Note: News and event lists can be removed from these archive pages depending on what a user needs. Other components can also be added.