Sample news story
How to create a news story:
Important: Be sure to create an archive template before you begin creating news pages. News pages must be created as child pages of a year/month archive.
- Once you have created your yearly & monthly archives, navigate to the necessary month
- Click New...>New page
- Add descriptive Title and name (filename)
- Scroll down the template options and select News
- Click Create
Sample news story path with required templates
|Template to use:||homepage template||general content template||Archive (yearly) template||archive month||News Template|
Open page to add content:
- In the right pane of the side admin, you will see your new file
- To open file, right-click, select> Open
- Tip: double-click name to open file
The news template contains the following and embedded component containing
- Title - *The news story title becomes the default H1; the page title is still the Title added when the page was created
- Thumbnail tab - add images to this tab that will appear in the grid view of a news list.
- Sub Title
- Link Name
- Embedded Text Component - use for body copy
- Note: Other components can be added anywhere below the news release component
i.e. images, slideshows, layout components, etc.
- Social sharing links can be displayed/or not displayed at the bottom of the release by enabling within the page properties, share tab.
External news component
If a news story is hosted on another website you can use the News template to link to this story. When users click on the headline they will be brought to the news story on the external site.
- Open up the news template
- Enter the Title, Link Name, and the External Link URL
- Click OK