Touch User Interface
All responsive components and templates are currently being rebuilt to work in the Touch UI. Legacy templates will not work in the Touch UI and therefore all legacy (960 sites) must migrate to responsive templates. Training materials are being developed and will be made available in a new online training course (via D2L) in June 2021. This course will be mandatory for all AEM users prior to the transition to the Touch UI.
- Touch Training will be available in early June 2021 (previously scheduled for March)
- Transition to Touch Interface: June 2021 - September 2021 (previously scheduled May - August)
- Deadline for legacy to responsive conversion: May 31, 2021 (previously April 30)
- Next AEM Upgrade: Fall 2021
Preparing for the transition
- All users of a site MUST have touch training before the site can be transitioned to touch.
- When your team is ready to transition your site, users who have not completed training will be removed until they complete training.
- If a user belongs to more than one site, all sites they belong to MUST transition to touch at the same time.
We have prepared a checklist of actions that will help authors and site owners prepare their teams.
Once a site(s) and its users transitions to touch, users will NO LONGER be able to edit their site via the Classic Interface.