Yabu Pushelberg Award for Innovation in Interior Design
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (4 billing units) School of Interior Design at Ryerson University through the end of spring term 2021.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and be in clear academic standing.
- Team applications are permitted with a maximum of two team members. Assistance of others during installation is permissible with prior approval.
Project application submitted per Design Fabrication Zone application requirements, along with a one-page brief outlining how the project best demonstrates innovation in interior design. Faculty members from the School of Interior Design can also nominate a student for the Award by submitting a one-page letter of support.
The project application and brief/letter of support will be assessed and weighted based on the following factors:
- Proposed Interior Design Innovation/Entrepreneurship: 30%
- Clarity of ideas developed (with reference to the driving RSID undergraduate course/investigation) and project samples: 30%
- Compelling new research, creative and/or prototyping direction: 30%
- Overall presentation: 10%
A completed application must include:
- Project Application (via Awardspring)
- Portfolio submission of two school projects in pdf format (one for each student)
- One-page brief outlining conceptual project proposal and how the project best demonstrates innovation in interior design
- One paragraph statement outlining the project’s feasibility in current fabrication constraints (for questions on this matter, please email Vishal Vinod Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend an information session)
- One paragraph statement outlining specific needs required from the Design Fabrication Zone in order to complete the project
- Conceptual images of proposed project
- Letter of support for the proposal from a RSID faculty member
- A project timeline (Gantt chart preferred)
- A budget that outlines how the award will be utilized
The selection committee will be comprised of at least three representatives from Ryerson University. They will review the applications and prepare a ranked list of qualified Award recipients. The final selection of the recipient will be based on the weighted criteria. If, in the opinion of the selection committee, no candidates meet the outlined criteria, the Award shall not be given to any applicant in 2021.