Join the Start-Up Track
The Start-Up Track supports entrepreneurs who address problems in various industries and fields by incubating early-stage ventures as they begin their journey toward commercialization.
The Start-Up Track offers structure and support to take your innovative design from concept and 3D prototype all the way to mass production and commercial success.
This track is ideal for start-ups, entrepreneurs, designers, architects, and a range of engineers, including mechanical, electrical, aerospace and robotics.
An ideal DFZ start-up is able to demonstrate the following:
- A business dedicated to solving a compelling problem along with a desire to innovate by design
- A driven, coachable and collaborative leadership team
- An initial version of a product concept and a need for further prototyping and/or product development
- A co-founder or lead collaborator dedicated to product development
- A defined business model and some form of market validation (preferred but not required)