Zone Learning Gift Guide 2020
Happy Holidays from Zone Learning!
Looking for some great gifts from small businesses? With the holidays upon us Zone Learning has rounded up a selection of sustainable, stylish and functional gifts from startups across the Zone Learning network. Here you'll find everything from jewelry and accessories to food and tech. No matter who you're shopping for we're sure you'll find something for everyone on your list!
Want to make an impact with your gifts?
Enter the Zone Learning Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway!
Head to our Instagram, external link, opens in new window to enter for a chance to win the Journey in Faith Chalcedony Bracelet, external link, opens in new window in the colour blush from Social Ventures Zone, opens in new window startup Daria Day, external link, opens in new window!
Beautiful and contemporary, Daria Day jewelry is ethically sourced and exquisitely handcrafted. They are deeply committed to elevating the lives of the artisans who create each piece. They create wearable and functional art for people looking for style and authenticity of the materials used, believing in the healing and connecting power behind each gemstone.
Daria Day works with a group of local miners to source our gemstones and silver. They are closely affiliated with the Rupani Foundation, an NGO that has created a rigorous testing process and ensures our gemstones are of the highest quality.
Zone Holiday Gift Guide 2020 CONTEST (the “Contest”)
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The entry period for the Contest begins on December 10, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on December 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Entry Period”). To be eligible, your Contest Entry (as defined below) must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to any individual who meets the following criteria (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant” or “you”):
(a) is a legal resident of Canada (except Quebec) at the time of the Contest Entry Period;
(b) who have reached the age of majority in Ontario at the time of the Contest Entry Period;
(c) is a current student, staff member or faculty member at Ryerson University or Ryerson University alumni at the time of the time of the Contest Entry Period;
You are not eligible to enter the Contest or be selected as a Winner (as defined below) if you are:
(d) an employee (except an employee who is also a student) of Zone Learning at Ryerson University (the “Contest Sponsor”) or, if applicable, any of its respective advertising or promotion agencies, or any other company or individual engaged in the provision of goods or services, related to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary. The Entrant may enter the Contest at any time during the Contest Entry Period by liking the giveaway post (the “Contest Entry”) on the @RUZoneLearning account, following the @RUZoneLearning, @rusocialventure and @dariadayjewelry Instagram accounts, and tagging one friend’s Instagram account in the comments section of the giveaway post (the “Contest Entry”). An additional one (1) entry by sharing the giveaway post to their own Instagram stories and tagging @RUZoneLearning, @rusocialventure and @dariadayjewelry in the post.
4. CONTEST ENTRY CONDITIONS. A maximum limit of 2 Contest Entries can be earned during the Contest Entry Period.
5. PRIZES. There is one (1) prize available: A pink Journey in Faith Chalcedony Bracelet by Daria Day, valued at $78.00 CAD.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions are permitted except at the Contest Sponsor’s sole option. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with an item or items of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award.
6. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING. On December 17th a panel of 3 individuals from the Office of Zone Learning will select from all eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Entry Period a winner based on random selection. The Contest Sponsor, or its designated representative, will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each selected Entrant by direct message through the Instagram platform to the account though which the Contest Entry was submitted within five (5) business days of the selection. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the end of the draw date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then that selected Entrant will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to advance the next place winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to such alternate selected Entrant).
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Contest Entries received.
7. DECLARATION OF WINNER. Before a selected Entrant is declared a winner (after declaration, referred to as a “Winner”), the selected Entrant must sign and return, within five (5) business days of notification, a declaration of compliance and release of liability prepared by the Contest Sponsor (the “Release”).
In the Release, the Eligible Winner is required to, among other things:
(a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid;
(b) confirm compliance with these Contest Rules;
(c) agree to release the Contest Sponsor, its governors, officers, employees, directors, representatives, and agents, and if applicable, any of their respective advertising or promotion agencies, and any other company or individual engaged in the provision of goods or services related to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prizes;
The selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to the Prize if the selected Entrant:
(a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question;
(b) fails to return the properly executed Release within the specified time; or
(c) cannot be a declared a Winner in accordance with these Contest Rules for any reason.
If the applicable Entrant is disqualified, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another Entrant via random draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
8. RIGHT TO SUSPEND/MODIFY/TERMINATE. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, strike or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, and disqualify any individual or entity who is responsible for such action. If terminated, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible Contest Entries received up to time of such action using the procedures outlined herein.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Contest Parties resulting from the Entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information to the Contest Sponsor website in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Contest Parties for: any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; the failure of any Contest Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing of Contest Entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials. Use of the Contest Sponsor website is at user’s own risk. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer resulting from participation in the Contest. The Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
10. GENERAL. The Contest is governed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance with these Contest Rules or for any other reason. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.