In recognition of Ryerson University’s goal to attract the very best possible students to the Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, the following organizations have created competitive entrance awards which are open to all new students entering our program for the first time. We encourage you to apply! Only one submission is required to be given consideration for all awards listed.
|AccorHotels Entrance Award||$3,000|
|Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award #1||$2,300|
|Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award #2||$2,300|
|Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #1*||$5,000|
|Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #2*||$5,000|
|Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #3*||$5,000|
|Peter Fyvie Entrance Award
|Ryerson Hospitality Alumni Association Entrance Award||$1,000|
|Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management Annual Fund Entrance Award||$2,000|
|Toronto Hong Kong Lions Club Entrance Award||$1,500|
*Funds will be distributed as follows: $2,000 in the first year and $1,000 in each of the second, third and fourth year that the student is enrolled in a full course load and provided a minimum of 2.67 Cumulative GPA is maintained. Please note that the Four Seasons Awards are awarded to Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/Protected Persons only. The Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award, and the Peter Fyvie Entrance Award recipients must be Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/a Protected Persons and Ontario residents only.
All awards are subject to change without notice.
All students entering Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management for the first time will be considered for these prestigious awards provided that they:
- Submit a covering letter.
- Provide a copy of the official transcript that was submitted with their Ryerson application exhibiting high academic performance.
- Submit a résumé indicating their past community, industry and scholastic achievements.
- Demonstrate in writing, a clear understanding of their motivation for selecting Hospitality and Tourism Management as their field of study at the university level, in a type-written, double-spaced essay not exceeding 750 words in length which addresses the following topic: “Why I Chose Hospitality and Tourism Management for my Professional Academic Education”.
- Complete a budget form. Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/a Protected Persons and Ontario Residents must use this OTSS budget form; all others please use this budget form. The budget form is required to be given consideration for all awards.
Entrance award winners will be posted in October 2017. Recipients will receive their award at the Hospitality and Tourism Awards Ceremony on November 2, 2017, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels Toronto.
How to Apply:
Students must apply for these scholarships no later than Friday, September 8, 2017. All applications must include a covering letter, a résumé, a budget form, copy of your official transcript and the essay. Scholarship applications can be dropped off to the HTM Admin Office TRS 3-002 or mailed to:
Awards Committee - Entrance Awards
Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
350 Victoria St., Toronto, Ontario M5B 2K3