Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Doctoral
Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) and NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS) provide financial support to high calibre scholars who are engaged in master's or doctoral programs in the natural sciences or engineering. The CGS will be offered to the top-ranked applicants at each level (master’s and doctoral) and the next tier of meritorious applicants will be offered an NSERC PGS. This support allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies and seek out the best research mentors in their chosen fields.
- $35,000 for two or three years for the Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS).
- $21,000 for two or three years for the Postgraduate Scholarship (PGS).
Oct. 2, 2017: The last date to submit hard copies of all your official transcripts to your program administrator.
Oct. 15, 2017: Internal deadline. Once you have received an email from your program administrator stating that your transcripts have been uploaded, please verify the completeness of your application, ensuring that all documents have been attached, and submit your on-line application. You must also submit a hard copy to your program administrator by this date.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Hold (or expect to hold) a university degree in science or engineering
- 1st class (A- or 80%) average in EACH of the last 2 years of study (full-time equivalent)
- Intending to undertake full-time graduate studies at the doctoral level in the natural sciences or engineering disciplines
You can only apply online via the external,NSERC website. NSERC provides a number of online resources to support and guide you through the application process. We highly recommend:
- external,Tips on Applying for an NSERC Scholarship or Fellowship (video)
- external,The application tutorial (video)
- Aboriginal applicants who self-identify on the application must also self-identify to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- When completing the transcript section of your online application you will be asked to input the name and email address of the person who will receive your transcripts to be scanned and uploaded to your application. Please enter the name and email address for your program administrator.