Proudly diverse, intentionally inclusive
The mandate of Ryerson’s Office of the Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion (OVPECI) is to maintain a visible presence for Indigenous values and experience and the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion as integral components across all functions of the university. Under the leadership of Dr. Denise O’Neil Green, we also work to address the range of systemic barriers at Ryerson.
We support the entire Ryerson community
The OVPECI can help you to strategize the ways that you can respond, build, adapt and enhance how you learn, teach and work to further reflect Ryerson’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion. In particular, we support students experiencing any difficulties in the classroom (virtual or in-person), including barriers to your full participation and inclusion. We encourage you to get in touch if you are seeking:
- Support for First Nations, Inuit, Metis, Canadian Indigenous students (or those who identify by nation or community).
- Strategies to enhance the inclusion of students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
- Coaching, advice and consultation to help you respond to human rights concerns, as well as the investigation and alternative resolutions of complaints.
- Educational programming, including community events and workshops, to engage with topics related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Educational training opportunities to increase your team’s understanding of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Equity data and diversity resources to help you plan and make decisions.