You are now in the main content area
Import Ryerson Emails and Contacts to a Different Gmail Account
Get your Google Token by following these steps:
- Log into the my.ryerson portal with your my.ryerson username and password.
- Under the 'Self Service' module, click on Personal Account.
- Under 'Security' section, click on Activate Google Token.
- Write down the Google Token you see inside the box (this is a long string of lower-case letters) and click on the Activate button.
This step is necessary to allow for POP/IMAP connection using my.ryerson username/Google Token combination at a later stage. For now:
1. Log into my.ryerson.ca portal.
2. Select Apps tab and choose Gmail.
3. Click on your account icon at the top right hand corner.
4. Click on My Account button.
5. Click on Sign-in & security.
6. Scroll all the way down to "Allow less secure apps" and click on switch to ON position.
7. Close "My Account" browser tab and go back to "Gmail" tab.
This step will allow your Ryerson Gmail to be connected/imported via POP/IMAP protocols.
1. Click on Gear icon in the top right.
2. Select Settings in the drop down menu.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. Select Enable POP for all mail in "POP Download:" section, keep all other settings as is.
5. Click on Save Changes button.
So far, you have completed setup on your Ryerson Gmail. Now, log out of your Ryerson Gmail account by selecting your account icon (top right) and selecting ‘Sign out’ button.
This step needs to be done on your external (personal) Gmail account. Before making changes, make sure you are completely logged out of your Ryerson Gmail account. Please complete the following:
1. Sign in to Gmail at gmail.com.
2. Click on Gear icon in the top right.
3. Select Settings from drop down menu.
4. Click on Accounts and Import tab.
5. Under "Import mail and contacts:" section, click the Import mail and contacts link.
6. A new Pop-up window will open up asking "What account do you want to import from?". Type in your Ryerson email address in the box and click Continue.
7. Enter Google Token obtained in Step 1 (above) in the password field.
In "POP username:" - enter your Ryerson email address.
In "POP server:" - enter pop.gmail.com
8. Click Continue.
9. Check on Import mail, uncheck Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server, and click Start import.
10. Wait for a confirmation screen showing completion of import mails. The time it will take to have all your messages imported will vary depending on amount of emails that resides on Ryerson Gmail account.