Course Schedules in Google Calendar
During the Fall 2013 term, Computing and Communications Services (CCS) will start adding course schedule information into the Google calendars of Ryerson students and primary instructors of course sections. We will be rolling out this feature by gradually adding course sections.
Events for the lectures, labs and tutorials associated with each course you are taking will be added to your calendar.
- We are rolling out this feature in groups of courses. It may be that your course has not yet had its schedule posted to Google Calendar. Please refer to the course list at the bottom of this page.
- If your course has had its schedule posted to Google Calendar, and you still cannot see it listed, please confirm that it is listed in RAMSS. If the course is not listed in RAMSS, please contact ESSR at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the course is listed in RAMSS, please contact email@example.com.
- Please be sure you are looking at your Ryerson Google Calendar, external link.
- We are rolling out this feature in groups. It may be that your class has not yet had its schedule posted to Google Calendar.
- If your course has had its schedule posted to Google Calendar, and you still cannot see it listed, it may be that you are not the primary instructor according to RAMSS. To check if you are the primary instructor, please log into RAMSS - if the course is not listed, you are not the primary instructor (and won’t have the entry in your Google calendar at this time).
If you are an instructor:
If you see events for courses you are not taking in your calendar, it is important to check your official course listing in the RAMSS system.
If you are a student:
- If the “incorrect” courses (courses you don’t believe you should be enrolled in) are also listed in RAMSS, please contact ESSR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have only the courses you believe you should be enrolled in listed in RAMSS, please contact the CCS Help Desk at email@example.com for help with the Google Calendar.
Class events are automatically generated, and cannot be changed. There are other options for using Google Calendars to provide students with details of course events, including shared calendars. We would be happy to help you explore these options, if you are interested.
It is possible to temporarily remove or decline a single event from your calendar, but it will automatically be re-published to your calendar within a few days. Students can not unsubscribe from their course events but instructors can.
Here are steps for instructors:
- Login to the my.ryerson.ca portal.
- Under ‘Self Service’, click on Personal Account.
In the ‘Preferences’ section, click on Google Course calendar subscription and uncheck the option for “Course Schedule in Google Calendar”.
By default, students’ calendars are set to private (not shared with anyone else). All employee calendars (including faculty, staff, and academic assistants) are set so they can look up each other's free/busy status when booking a meeting. Students cannot see an employee's free/busy status unless the employee allows them to. You can also remove sharing of your free/busy status or share your calendar with people if you like.
For instructions on how to share your calendar, review our Google Calendar guide.