Google Hangouts Help Centre
Hangouts is an app that allows you to send instant messages to individuals and groups of up to 150 people as well as to video conference and share your screen with up to 25 people.
To access Hangouts:
- Log into my.ryerson.ca and find Hangouts under the Apps tab.
- If you’re using Gmail in a browser, find Hangouts on the left-hand side, below your Gmail labels.
- Via the apps icon in the upper right-hand corner of any Google application - be sure to click More.
Select Hangouts from the “Apps” tab on the my.ryerson portal.
Some features are only available to Ryerson Gmail users, including:
- the ability to start instant messaging chats from within Gmail.
- the ability to quickly find all emails exchanged with your contacts listed in Hangouts.