Workshops for Leaders
Effective March 13, 2020, all workshops and events on campus have been postponed until further notice.
Ryerson has programs for leaders, managers and supervisors to develop skills specific to your roles.
The Manager Orientation workshop is a three-day interactive program for managers who are new to the university or new to a management position, as well as those just looking for a refresher. Build your network of support by connecting with other managers across campus and learning about key internal resources that can support you in your role.
The LEAD Certificate program will help you increase your self awareness as a leader, support and engage your team while fostering a culture of excellence and inclusion. The certificate program includes two streams:
- LEAD Direct Reports Certificate
- Developed for experienced leaders and actively infuses mentorship, coaching and Ryerson values.
- LEAD Influencers Certificate
- Developed for experienced leaders without direct reports.
- LEAD Foundations
- Designed for aspiring leaders, those new to a supervisory position or lead hands.
Additional professional development opportunities for leaders
A number of courses are available to support managers in their ongoing growth and development:
- goal setting and feedback/coaching for improvement;
- collaborative leadership;
- coaching as an effective management practice;
- think strategy;
- managing across generations and cultures;
- fostering a culture of effective feedback;
- leading in a changing environment;
- inclusive leadership;
- workplace wellbeing for leaders.
Check the learning events calendar for current offerings or connect with Shurla Charles-Forbes, manager, learning and development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5000, ext. 556944.