Client Services provides support and consulting to Ryerson Faculty, Staff and students in the use of Information Technology. There are five groups that make up the Client Services team:
The Academics Services team provides Ryerson students, faculty and staff with assistance and support for the central academic computing services such as printing, labs, accounts management, online resources, software licensing, lab bookings and mailing list management.
The team works closely with other areas in CCS to develop, coordinate and execute CCS communication and change management process, keeps up to date the CCS web site and manages Service Level Agreements between CCS and other schools/departments at the university.
The Digital Media Projects Office (DMP) provides assistance to Ryerson faculty, staff and graduate students in the use and production of instructional technologies and multimedia for teaching and learning. DMP’s goal is to support the effective use of new media for instruction and working in partnership with faculty and staff in exploring the use educational technology.
DMP staff have a wide range of expertise in the field of instructional technologies, including instructional design, website design, photography, digital audio and video production, web-enabled databases, streaming technologies, web accessibility, and interactive multimedia authoring for the web.
The Digital Publishing unit provides digital services and support to university stakeholders. The services include:
- Management, enhancement and maintenance of the university-wide web Content Management System (CMS)
- Training, documentation and support for over 1000 CMS editors
- Web design and development services
- Information architecture (IA), usability and consultation on website development projects
- Technical maintenance of Google Analytics and the internal Google Search engine for ryerson.ca
- Implementation and enhancements of the accessibility features within the CMS to adhere to AODA compliance
- Management and maintenance of the digital signage screens throughout campus
- Design services for digital signage ad creation
The Information and Support Centre provides guidance, assistance and support to all the Ryerson community including applicants, students, faculty, staff and Alumni.
Our unit has 3 main support lines:
- The Ryerson Main Switchboard (ext. 0) - We direct inquiries from external callers to the proper department, faculty and employee.
- The Student Help Desk (ext. 6840) - We provide in person support at the Library's IT Desk and KHW71 computer lab, email and telephone support to applicants, students and alumni for inquiries such as wireless setup, password reset, printing assistance, Learning Management System assistance etc.
- The Faculty and Staff Help Desk (ext. 6806) - We provide telephone and email support to all faculty and staff with inquiries such as computer failure, software assistance, new system IDs creation, Learning Management System assistance etc.
Media Services provides training and support for presentation technology in general purpose classrooms, computer labs, and event spaces across the Ryerson campus for faculty, staff, students and external clients. The standard technology offered in these spaces is designed, installed and maintained by Media Services staff and regularly updated to ensure a reliable and consistent user experience.
Media Services also offers equipment loans to faculty, staff and students at no cost during regular service hours and technicians can be scheduled for a charge to deliver and operate presentation technology for presentations, meetings and events.
Other services that are offered by Media Services include lecture capture, live web streaming and video conferencing. Media Services can also assist individual departments with presentation technology recommendations, provide system designs and facilitate equipment installations that can be maintained and supported through service level agreements.