Frequently Asked Questions
To connect your wireless-enabled device:
- Open your wireless settings and select the “RU secure” network.
- Enter your my.ryerson username and password.
Find more on how to connect to the RU-Secure wireless network.
Option 1: Change your Current Password
- Log in to the my.ryerson portal with your my.ryerson user name and password.
- Under the 'Self Service' module, click on Personal Account.
- Under 'Security' section, click on Change Password.
Option 2: Forgot Your Password
- If you have previously selected your account recovery option in the Self Service Module within the my.ryerson portal, do the following:
- Go to the my.ryerson portal
- Select Can't login?
- Choose Forget your password? then click Change your password using the Account Recovery.
- If you have never setup your account recovery, follow the information below for Students and Faculty/Staff.
To discover alternative methods to reset your password, visit our Password Changes section.
Reporting a phish to Ryerson is quick and easy:
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then, delete the email from your mailbox without clicking on any links or attachments.
If you’re on Ryerson Gmail, avoid using the “Report phishing” option that’s built into the Gmail platform. Forwarding the phish to email@example.com ensures you’re reporting it directly to us so we can stop it from reaching others at the university.
To learn more please visit our IT Security page on Phishing.
Faculty, staff and current students have access to a number of software products. You can download widely-used software applications including Microsoft and Adobe products, Anti-Virus software, and productivity tools. Read more about software Ryerson University provides.
Brightspace by D2L is the current learning management system implemented for Ryerson. It offers various features to enhance classroom learning experiences or to deliver courses online.
The Brightspace by D2L features include:
- Course content space where instructors can upload different types of course materials for students to access at any time
- Communication and collaboration tools, such as student emails, announcements, discussion forums and chats
- Assignment management; including assignment upload, tests, and grade centre
- e-reserve; integration with the Library's electronic reserve system ARES
If you are a student looking for help in using Brightspace by D2L or a faculty member/staff looking for getting a Brightspace by D2L course or need specific help with Brightspace by D2L, please visit the Brightspace by D2L support website.