Ryerson University is committed to providing accessible learning and employment spaces for students, employees and members of our community. Ryerson’s computing labs offer users various assistive software to ensure equal access to information and computer applications. Learn more about Accessibility at Ryerson University.
Kurzweil 3000 is a comprehensive suite that provides students with reading, writing, study skills, and test taking support. Kurzweil 3000 can be found on all Windows computers in the CCS managed labs.
- View Kurzweil 3000 Product Guides, external link, opens in new window
- View Kurzweil Academy Video Tutorials, external link, opens in new window
VoiceOver is Apple’s built-in screen reader program, available on all Apple computers and mobile devices. There are several iMacs available in the Library, in LIB 272. Check current computer availability in the Library.
- View VoiceOver Getting Started Guide, external link, opens in new window by Apple
- View VoiceOver Commands and Gestures, external link, opens in new window by Apple
More tools and resources
Available to all students registered with Academic Accommodation Services; the Student Learning Centre Adaptive Technology Lab features computer stations equipped with:
- Kurzweil 3000
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
Learn more about the Adaptive Technology and Software Lab.