You are now in the main content area
Content 7 Client Install for Windows
Software Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
Complete the following steps to install Content 7 Client:
Download Content 7 Client
1. Download Content 7 for Windows from the CCS website.
2. At the Connect to ai-apps.ryerson.ca screen, type in your my.ryerson username and password. Click Log in.
3. At the File Download screen, click on the Save button to save the exe file containing the installation software. Save this file to a location of your choice where you can easily find it again such as your desktop or your Local Disk (C:).
1. Locate the ClientSetup_284.exe file that was downloaded.
2. Right click on the ClientSetup_284.exe file and click on Run as administrator.
3. At the Perceptive Content Desktop Client – InstallShield Wizard screen, click OK.
4. To install the required package(s), click Install. There may be one or more packages to install.
5. At the Welcome to the Installation Wizard for Perceptive Content Desktop Client screen
click Next >.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the License Agreement screen. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next >.
7. In the Custom Setup window, click the dropdown arrow next to Image Now Printer and select This feature will be installed on local hard drive. Click Next >.
8. In the Default Connection Profile window, enter the following information and click Next >:
Profile name: Production
Server name: 10.123.14.14
Port number: 6000
9. At the Deployment Server screen, leave the URL blank and click Next >.
10. On the Perceptive Content Shortcuts window, select your desired shortcuts and click Next >.
11. From the Ready to Install the Program window, click Install.
12. When you see the Installation Wizard Completed window, click Finish.
13. Now that the installation is complete, you will be able to log in to Content 7.
(Note: VPN may be required to use this client)
If a previous version of the Content 7 client was already installed, there is no requirement to uninstall prior to upgrade.
1. Locate the ClientSetup_284.exe that was downloaded.
2. Right-click the file and click Run as administrator
3. If the Security Warning window appears, click Run
4. If the Windows Defender SmartScreen appears, click More Info
5. At the Windows Defender SmartScreen, click Run anyway
6. At the Perceptive Content Desktop Client - InstallShield Wizard screen, Click OK
7. Click Install to install the required package(s). There may be one or more to install.
8. Click Yes to update the product version.
9. Click Next to begin installation.
10. Scroll all the way to the bottom, select "I accept the terms in the license agreement", then click Next.
11. At the Custom setup screen, click Next.
12. Leave the Deployment Server URL blank and click Next.
13. Select your desired shortcuts then click Next.
14. At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
15. At the Installer Information screen, click OK. (This may occur twice.)
16. At the Installation Wizard Completed Screen, click Finish.
17. If you receive a message saying Files in Use, click OK.
18. A window will appear asking you to restart. Click Yes
The installation is complete and the application is ready for use (VPN may be required).