You are now in the main content area
Research Areas & Projects
Faculty members at Ryerson’s School of Child and Youth Care pursue innovative research that advances the well-being of children and youth facing adversity.
Our faculty members regularly making important research contributions to policy, practice and teaching. They explore:
- Residential care and treatment
- Cross-over youth (child welfare and youth justice)
- Social determinants of health in Indigenous communities
- Black youth and disproportionality in child welfare
- Trauma-informed practices
- Sexual Abuse Images Online
- Youth engagement and participation
- Children’s rights
- Trans youth and communities
- Transnational contexts for unaccompanied minors
Browse our people to view their publications and gain insight into the research projects they lead, or find a researcher by keyword search.
Plain language research summaries