Teaching Development, formerly the Learning and Teaching Office (LTO), was established in 1993 by the Vice President Academic to support and provide resources to faculty in their teaching. The Office reports to Kelly MacKay, Vice Provost Academic.
We are one of six units within the Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching. Through a collaborative approach, the Centre fosters a community dedicated to big thinking about curriculum, pedagogy and creative ways of developing inclusive teaching practices that enrich the student learning experience.
Teaching Development is the leader in learning and teaching at Ryerson. As the primary support for the teaching community at Ryerson, we foster a culture of excellence and innovation in teaching, working to continually enhance student learning across the university.
Our mission is to strengthen the teaching community at Ryerson by:
- Offering professional development programs that support student learning
- Championing the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across all disciplines and modes of instruction
- Promoting new and emerging instructional methods while supporting existing best practices
- Enhancing the connection between teaching and research
- Recognizing teaching excellence