Technology & Intelligent Systems
Advanced manufacturing drives Canada’s economy and accounts for approximately 11% of the country’s GDP. We have invested in machines and technology that are at the intersection of design and user experience and will unlock new possibilities for the future of human-machine interactions.
Ryerson is pioneering technology and design in sectors such as manufacturing, aerospace, robotics, security, retail, and construction. Working with industry partners, Ryerson is creating a strong technological and industrial ecosystem through our research in engineering, design, management, and production.
Innovations in sustainable industrialization and intelligent systems are transforming a wide variety of sectors, including the Internet of Things, autonomous systems, process optimization, advanced manufacturing, 3D printing, aerospace, robotics, and cybersecurity.
- Centre for Engineering Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CEIE), opens in new window
- Cybersecurity Research Lab (CRL), opens in new window
- Inclusive Media and Design Centre (IMDC), external link, opens in new window
- Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Science & Technology (iBEST), external link, opens in new window
- Institute for Innovation and Technology Management (IITM), opens in new window
- Privacy and Big Data Institute, opens in new window
- Ryerson Aerospace Engineering Centre (RAEC)
- Ryerson Institute for Aerospace Design & Innovation (RIADI), opens in new window
- Ryerson Urban Water (RUW) Centre, opens in new window
- Social Media Lab, external link, opens in new window
- Urban Analytics Institute, external link, opens in new window