Orientation Week at Ryerson University
Ryerson’s Orientation Week takes place the week before classes begin and gives incoming students the chance to connect with other new students, get familiar with their academic program, and get to know their way around campus. Our Orientation Week is designed to meet the needs of all new students.
Every year we offer new events and programs, but always:
- Academic program and faculty-specific orientations so incoming students can meet other peers in their program, find out about faculty-specific resources and get to know their professors.
- Information about how to access on-campus supports and resources so new students know how to find what they need after classes start.
- Tons of engaging performances, concerts, and giveaways!
As part of the "Campus Core Revitalization 2019" project, our campus is currently experiencing some construction. During this time, altenrate routes to key campus locations are in effect - take a look here on Facilities Management and Development's website for more information and we'll be sharing our best tips to get around campus on @RUStudentLife, too.
Coming to Ryerson in the fall? We're looking for first-year students to tell their story. Every year, we've featured five storytellers. This year, we want more. Share your journey to Ryerson by being in a video, making a video, sharing your work, or all three!
Pre-Orientation: Summer Jumpstart
Meet incoming students, talk to current staff and students, and get tips on how to succeed at Ryerson! This event is open to all incoming students to Ryerson University.
Register today by filling in the following form, external link - choose one of three dates:
- Monday, August 12 10:30am to 4:00pm
- Thursday, August 15 10:30am to 4:00pm
- Thursday, August 22 3:00pm to 8:00pm **Parents and supporters welcome on this date!
Register today at: https://forms.gle/Udbh74DkmofxTdQQA, external link
Transition Support: The First Six Weeks
During the first six weeks, Student Life offers an array of events and programs designed to support the transition into post-secondary. Find the list of First Six Weeks programming at: https://connectru.ryerson.ca/organization/slp/events.